The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. This notice will inform you about our policies and procedures concerning the personal information about you that we collect, maintain, and disclose in connection with the Insurance policies you obtain from us. In order to offer the highest quality insurance products at the lowest possible rates, we collect, maintain, and in some instances disclose “nonpublic personal information” about you. Nonpublic personal information may include your name, address, social security number, wage information, driving record, policy coverages, medical information or credit history. It may also include transaction information such as your premium payment or claims history with us. We appreciate the importance of your personal privacy and are committed to protecting it as we provide for your insurance.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION:
We obtain nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- From you through applications or other forms such as claim forms or underwriting questionnaires; Insurance support organizations such as claims reporting services and other parties who provide information on insurance related transactions you have conducted with us, our affiliates, as listed above, or others;
- Consumer reporting agencies, FMCSA, US DOT, Safer and Safer Stat.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHERS FOR MARKETING PURPOSES:
Because we respect your privacy, we do not sell, trade or otherwise disclose your identity or any other personal information about you to third parties for their marketing purposes. We may, however, share information regarding your transactions with us, with our affiliates, or companies that perform marketing services on our behalf to assist us in providing our products and services to you. These companies are required to keep your information confidential.
INFORMATION WE MAY PROVIDE TO OTHERS:
We only disclose information about our applicants, customers and former customers as permitted or required by law in conjunction with our normal insurance operations. Here are some examples: We may disclose information to others such as our claims adjusters and our attorneys in the processing of an insurance claim.
- We may be required by a court of law to provide information in connection with a legal proceeding;
- We share information with consumer reporting agencies and insurance support organizations;
- We may share information with government agencies which conduct examination of our procedures.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
While your non public personal information is under our control, access is limited to those employees who have a legitimate business need for such information with respect to your insurance coverage’s. In accordance with applicable state and federal regulations we maintain physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information.
FEDERAL DRIVER PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (DPPA) CRITERIA:
The federal law (DPPA) permits disclosure of personal information for use:
- By federal, state or local courts and law enforcement
- In connection with driver safety, theft, emissions, product alterations, recalls, etc.
- In the normal course of business to verify accuracy of data, to prevent fraud by pursuing legal remedies against or recovering a debt or security against person.
- In connections with any civil, criminal, or administrative court agency
- In research activities and for use in producing statistical reports so long as the personal information is not published, re-disclosed, or used to contact individuals.
- In providing notice to owners of towed or impounded vehicles.
- By licensed private investigation for security services.
- By employers for CDL information.
- In the private toll operations.
- If the requester has written permission of the person.
- Specifically authorized under state law, if such use is related to the operation of a motor vehicle or public safety.
- By an insurer or insurance support organization or self insured entity or its agency, employees or contractors for claims, anti-fraud, rating and underwriting.